The inventory adopts a similar management system both for blocks and for slabs. The operator activates the proper function on his handheld industrial computer, while passing near the blocks or the slabs and detects the presence of the slab and its position inside the stockyard. The UHF technology we have chosen allows remote distance reading of blocks and slabs tags with no need of “contact” reading (typical of the previous HF technologies) or of patient alignment between reader and tag typical of the bar code optical reading.
- Drastic reduction in the inventory time thanks to the immediate reading of the code
- It simply takes to walk among the blocks/slabs with a switched on reader to perform a perfect inventory
- Incredible increase in precision: data are accurately reported without errors
- No waste of time for double checking with the management information system - data are instantly checked with those available from the management information system which enables to immediately detect any possible discrepancy
The StoneID system proves its flexibility even in the slabs logistics management. If the changes in the slabs locations are managed simply by pressing a key on the handheld industrial computer, their location tracing is just as simple for the sales staff or the workers employed in loading operations. The creation of “geographic” areas inside the stockyards can be easily performed whatever is the size or the capacity of the stockyard. The whole management of the fiscal documents concerning sales as well as the management of “outsourced” processing operations can be greatly simplified through the integration of the StoneID system with the management information system.
- Flexibility for the sales operations: the sales staff can select the slabs directly "on site" without risk of error
- User-friendly for the workers employed in the loading-unloading operations and for the sales staff: easy traceability of the required slabs
- Reduction in human error frequency
- Traceability and availability of the materials