RFID: 4 POINTS TO UNDERSTAND
Advantages of RFID Technology
- No contact between reading system and RFID tags:
it avoids the problems arising from wear and, most of all, it provides a quick and unequivocal reading.
- Performances not affected by environmental factors (dust, mud, grease, noise, etc…):
tags can be read even though they are covered with external agents.
- Automatic tag reading on the production lines:
it eliminates the manual process, minimizing errors and operating costs.
- Multi-reading of several tags:
it reduces operational time and enables speed reading, yet providing highly secure standards.
- Possibility of data storage and modification inside the tag:
each tag contains quantities of data varying according to the kind of chip used.
- Lack of moving parts and maintenance for both tags and readers:
it provides a more reliable structure and a significant decrease in maintenance costs.
Blocks management - Labelling
Drastic time reduction:
- - 90% for the blocks inventory
from 35/40 man/hours to 3-4 man/hours on site - tested with 8000 blocks
- - 93% for the integration with the management information system
from 15 days to 1 day for the real and storage data reconciliation - tested with 8000 blocks
Blocks management - Blocks sawing
- Loading, unloading and production reports
- Minimizing paper documents printing and exchange with time saving and elimination of transcription as well as compiling errors
- Quick labelling system: less than ten minutes to identify the slabs of 1 line containing more than 200 slabs
- he slabs' high density PE tags are weather-resistant and have proved to be resistant to most of the slabs finishing processes (polishing, resin-treating, etc…)
Slabs Management - The path of the Slab
- Easy management of the processing reports
- Reduction in eventual material-processing association errors
- Real-time processing state of the slabs
- Possible automatic association of the slab with its photo
- Simplified management of the slabs stockyard
Logistics Management - Inventory
- Drastic reduction in the inventory time thanks to the immediate reading of the code
- It simply takes to walk among the blocks/slabs with a switched on reader to perform a perfect inventory
- Incredible increase in precision: data are accurately reported without errors
- No waste of time for double checking with the management information system: data are instantly checked with those available from the management information system which enables to immediately detect any possible discrepancy.
Logistics Management - Stockyard
- Flexibility for the sales operations: the sales staff can select the slabs directly "on site" without risk of error
- User-friendly for the workers employed in the loading operations and for the sales staff: easy traceability of the required slabs
- Reduction in human error frequency
- Traceability and availability of the materials